Monday, October 1, 2012

bonjourno mes amis,

Great week. Last Monday was a letdown; the fuzz didn't show for our battle royal. It's alright though the court was at the college here and there were plenty of Malagasies to play. Some of them were way good and could dunk ha but we won every game and had a decent size crowd watching the vahazahas (foreigners) ball. Some of the guys were playing barefoot on the asphalt court and it was nuts. I just about died later that night while we were working. I am soooooo out of shape. Tuesday we moved into our new apartment and it was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen. Elder Abney and I did work and got the place livable and actually it is now one of the nicest apartments I've lived in. We got some solid bap dates fixed thins week. One guy is named Aubin and his wife is a member already. He looks like a giant Mexican that just got out of prison way nice though. You'll see what I'm talking about when we take pictures at his baptism. The lesson with him was a classic, Joseph Smith story and, “Will you be baptized by proper authority when you know that our message is true?" It flowed perfectly! Sunday was a good day at church. We had 8 investigators show up. Joshua finally came and he brought the two little kids that live with him. I had actually dozed off and was snoozin when he showed up. I was having a football dream when Abney smacked me and said, "Look Joshua came!" Woohoo!  I forgot about Thursday morning, we took 7 departing Malagasy missionaries to the airport. It was way weird to be around them and then thinking about when I was in the same spot getting ready to go. Man it feels like just yesterday Mom and I snagged a whopper at BK and then I got dressed and we left for Provo. Other than that... work as usual. Have a great week everyone! 

Love Jeffrey   




No comments:

Post a Comment