Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hi friends and family,

Last week was just wonderful :) Seriously it was the best. It all started with our first lesson with Geoffrey. He let us in, we went inside and he said, "Ok so I read and studied your brochure and I have two questions. Who is Joseph Smith and what is the Book of Mormon?" Yahtzee. So we taught the first lesson and it was way good. He had tons of sweet questions and he ate it up. It was way relaxed too, I felt like I was teaching one of my friends from home. We committed him to read the B.O.M. and come to church but he couldn't come because he was at his mom's house for the weekend. When we tried to fix another rendezvous he said, "Well lets at least give me a week so I can read as much as possible and then we'll meet again next Tuesday." It's almost too good to be true and I'm nervous as can be because I do not want my lack of knowledge to blow this. Our other two investigators Celine and Lorenza are doing ok. Celine has heard the first three lessons and has come to church twice now but she was always quiet and awkward during our lessons. She seems to understand and she's progressing so we'll see. We invited her to be baptized at the end of the last lesson and she said I will have to think about it. Just the answer I wanted! That totally shows that she is actually thinking about everything and taking it seriously. Lorenza stood us up for our first  rendezvous but we scheduled another one and stopped by. We just passed by and talked for a bit with Soeur Ferrier and Lorenza asked for a blessing because she felt kind of weighed down with an evil feeling. I thought awesome, the last time I cast the demons outta somebody she ended up getting baptized :) The blessing was powerful and the spirit came and everything was better. As for the Maillot family with their 6 or 7 kids (I can't keep track) They aren't really doing anything, Just chillin. We have a rendezvous with them at 1 today so we'll see how it goes. Last night we had a F.H.E. with the branch and Celine and Lorenza came with their kids. We walked to their apartments to pick them up (Walk with them to the church) and I was dreading it because I knew I would be trying to make conversation and they would just be giving me one liners back. Shockingly enough Celine was cracking jokes and she opened right up. Then at the F.H.E. she was talking to the members and making friends and everything. Blessings galore. On the walk to the church one of the little girls asked me if we were able to have girlfriends. Nope ha ha cute and funny but it also made me a little queasy. Girls are yucky ;) SO because we were blessed so abundantly of course there was much opposition. Tuesday night Elder Twitchell and I were walking home from the Muslim Mosque in Centre Ville (We went inside and tried to teach them, but they just weren't having it) Just kidding we were just street contacting on the same street and we stopped by to see if they had any spare Korans (spelling?) laying around. ANYWAYS we were walking home and this guy across the street yelled at us. I didn't quite catch what he said so I said, "What?" So he comes storming across the street and gets right in my face and starts screaming who knows what and at the end says, "Get lost." I couldn't understand what he was saying at the time so I was like, "I have no idea what you just said boss." Ha ha that made him mad so he hit my badge and tried to rip it off my shirt and so knocked his hand away and said, "knock it off." The guy was a bit bigger than me and just angry at the world. When I told him to knock it off he obeyed ha ha but he was still saying to get lost. I asked him what his problem was and he cocked back like he was going to hit me. Elder Twitchell and I just stared at him and he put his fist down and we walked away. Yikes. So that's not all. We started working a new neighborhood and it turns out that lost of the houses are owned by super rich tamul's and everyone has a giant rottweiler. Awesome.. So we got SHUT DOWN by people at every single door and they weren' nice about it at all ha ha. They acted like I had rang the doorbell to insult their ancestors and spit in their faces. All the dogs were just loose out in the streets too so we snuck around trying not to get eaten. Finally one day at the end of a street we talked to a guy standing against a wall. He was cool for about the 5 seconds I was saying "Hello how are ya" and then he went off. He yelled about how we were trying to get people's money and what not and he showed me like 20 scriptures in the bible saying this and that and just proving how quickly I'm going to hell for taking peoples money and corrupting the teachings of God. When he finished I said, "Cool, so what do you do in your life? Do you have a family and stuff? We sat and listened to him without saying a word about religion while he yelled and when we asked him questions about his life and stuff he was taken back a bit. He finished his tantrum by saying, "I want to talk to whoever is responsible for what you do." We gave him a pass-a-long card and left. Well those are just the main highlights of the week. I wouldn't have had it any other way :) The spirit has been getting stronger and stronger in my life and it's pretty sweet. Love y'all take it easy!

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment