Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pretty good week. Thursday was a pretty entertaining day. We were tracting a street and we met some interesting people. The first was a Muslim lady that invited us in. The Muslim's always let you in because it's like a cultural thing. They usually know who we are but for some reason this lady didn't figure it out until we sat down in her house. She kinda flipped so we gave her a pass a long card and got out ha. The next friendly frenchy didn't have much to say to us. I yelled at his gate and he came walking out super fast, ripped open the gate and said in english, "No thanks we aren't interested in your Mormon bull...." and then slammed the gate. Yikes. So we just kept going and people kept yelling stuff. One protestant lady taught us a thing or two about Jesus and how she already knew it all. Finally it came time for our lesson with Geoffrey. He was chill as usual but this time the lesson wasn't fun. I just felt sick afterwards because he won't agree with the commandments like chastity and the word of wisdom and stuff. He said, "You guys don't do any of that stuff? Whoa... You guys are like Jedi's." ha I tried asking him questions to help him realize why we make personal sacrifices for other people like our families and God even, so I said what is the most important thing to you in your life? He said, "Working out." My goodness man. So I said, "But if it came down to choosing between your family and working out what would you choose?" He then went off about how great working out is and he explained that heaven for him will be an eternal workout. Hmmm... He still loves everything that we do and he finds everything very interesting but he's just missing it! I want to take my book of Mormon and hit him across the face with it and say be baptized fool! We've explained how he has received his answer that it's true and we have covered it all it seems. I'm pondering day and night to figure what will make it click for him. our other investigators are doing ok. Madame Maillot is still her same dealin' self but man she is awesome. She cracks me up. she is a bit of a project but she progresses and is sweet to teach, it will just take a while for her. So last Sunday Elder Millar spoke again in sacrament meeting and it was another flamboyant train wreck. Goodness hahaha I have to put my head down the entire time he talks because it is just too much to handle. I would give anything to know what the members are thinking while he is up there throwing his hands around saying, "N'est-ce pas!?" After Elder Millar got done one of the other speakers hadn't showed up so Elder Temarohirani (first counselor) got up to conduct and said, "Now we will here from...." He looked at Me then Elder Twitchell and then back at me and I pointed at Elder Twitchell and Elder T said, "Elder Twitchell." haha So the poor guys eyes got wide and he got up there and gave a nice little talk and did pretty well. He tends to indirectly insult the members though when he speaks. He says things like, "I don't know why I love you, but for some weird reason I do." Yep... Not smooth... He also said, "I'm just like you, I don't know anything." haha C'MON MAN! Well that's all the exciting stuff, now for the business. My address is:

Elder Barclay
344 Rue St. Louis
97460 St.Paul
La RĂ©union

Send letters here! The other two addresses are for Le Port and St. Marie. So for the Christmas call... We are going to try to call at like 6 and 7 A.M. here which we'll be Christmas Eve there at 8 and 9 P.M. Does that work for everybody? It seems to be the best for us, We're just going to try and use the pay phone in front of our apartment because no members have invited us anywhere haha. Stingy Cheapskates!  Just kidding  :) That is the plan as of now but we don't know for sure if it will work. So we are going to devise a backup plan this week in case the Christmas eve plan doesn't work. We'll let you know next week but as of now plan on 8 or 9 P.M. Christmas eve. Cool! Hope y'all are doing swell. It's hotter than poop, I have a picture of a Gospel pamphlet that got sweat damaged in Elder T's backpack. It's pretty amazing. Have a great week! I love you all!

Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment