Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Désolé pour le retard everybody ha ha we don't have a solid place to do emails here in St. Paul so we do it when we can. Well this last week has been pretty good, I baptized someone. Marie Claude Villi is her name and she's the demon lady that I taught and everything and then left right before she had her interviews and stuff. She asked if i could baptize her so that was cool. That was the first baptism in 4 and a half months! Well for last week, nothing exciting really happened, We tracted a lot and sweated even more ha. on Wednesday night we got invited to this Evangelist christian church and it was pretty weird. It was a perfect example of, "they draw near unto me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me... and they deny the power thereof." I felt the spirit way strong because they were praisin' the lord and singing but I could see all the things that were missing and it just really fortified my testimony of our church. The people were way nice though, I was actually getting creeped out because they were so nice. They all were in regular street clothes and the priest or whatever was going around casting the demons outta people after the service ha ha yikes during one of the blessings he said, " I've been drinking green tea all gosh dang Day!" Then he took the guys hat that he gave the blessing to and said, "This is my hat now! This is totally my hat." I couldn't believe what was going on. Anyways for the rest of the week we had no rendezvous or anything. We don't really have any investigators. We're trying to fix a lot of problems in the branch and get people to accept callings and come to church and it's kind of tough. I feel really bad for President Poncharville because he has no counselors or anything and he is doing everything on his own. On Friday night we had a branch activity and about 15 people of the 20 who usually come to church showed up, including the four missionaries. We taught a spiritual thought and then played a game and afterwards we all ate. It was pretty fun and I think it helped the members, I hope. The baptism was on Sunday in St. Marie which is about 40 Minutes away in a car and  we were going to take the bus which takes about an hour and a half. When we were leaving church President Poncharville asked us how we were getting there and when we said, "the bus," he said, "Yeah, No you're not. I'll meet you here at 2 45 to give you a ride." He's the man! So the baptism went swell and I have some pictures for ya. She looks kinda scary in the pics because she wouldn't smile but she's not mean, just different. Monday we had a Zone Activity at the beach in St. Pierre (the south of the island) and boy oh boy it was just oodles of fun! The AP's organized all these little relay races and scavenger hunts for us to do. Yep. Scavenger hunts. Ha ha We're on a tropical volcanic island and that's what activity we come up with? Well we did all that for a while and then we got to just chill and take pics and stuff. So that's going to count as our Thanksgiving celebration. I'd rather not try to celebrate and just keep focused. Well other than that nothing too new is happening, I love you all and hope you're doing well! Congrats on the new baby Matt & Crystal :) Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment