Monday, April 15, 2013


Herro 

We went to Antsirabe this last week for splits and zone conference. Elder Steele and I drove down on Wednesday and worked with everyone in the zone. I got eaten alive by fleas. I have bites from my head to my toes. It's miserable. I got to work in some sweet places while we were in Antsirabe. Sradroa is the name of a small valley up in the mountains of Antsirabe. We had a 30 minute hike in just to get to the place. You can't get there by car. When we got there none of the people that we were supposed to teach were home so we helped one of the member families bring in their bundles of rice from the fields. It was so hard. We had to balance a huge roll of rice on our heads and walk along the tiny mud paths between rice patties for a solid 150 yards. Little girls were doing it like it was nothing, but I was dying. Once we had gotten all the rice in we went and taught the investigators the restoration and hiked back out. It was a pretty neat experience and I can't wait to show you the pictures we took. Our zone conference went well on Saturday and on Sunday we went out to another small group out in a place called Besoa. You have to have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get to this place. We went out there with President and Sister Adams, Elder and Sister Todd, and Elders Moore and Baker. We went out there to tell them that their group was being closed and that they now have to walk an hour and a half to a place called Manandona for church every Sunday. It was really uncomfortable and I felt so bad for them. I could only think about how happy they must have been when they built their church building out there. That is the 2nd unit that President Adams has closed since being here and it will not be the last. It's tough to see these places close, but it is awesome to know that what we're working for is 5 stakes and then a temple. I'm so thankful that I have been able to be a part of this preparation here. The work is going so well and it is only improving. Missionaries are becoming much more obedient and diligent and the unit leaders are starting to run the wards and branches like they are supposed to. We just got handbook 2 in Malagasy and the missionaries are training the leaders and members how to use it. I get so excited talking about this haha. I can't wait to come back to the temple that will be here. I'll just need Jeremy to hook a brother up with some sky miles right? :) Well I don't know If I will have time to send an email next week. I will be flying to Reunion next Monday and there we will have our exit interviews and departure dinner. It has been a quick two years. I think I'll take this last week off and treat myself for the hard work I've done. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. 

Elder Barclay








No comments:

Post a Comment