Monday, July 23, 2012

Hey.

Great week, great week. We taught a member referral on Tuesday and then again on Saturday. I love GOLLLDDDD.... The father's name is Hery and he has two kids and a wife who are prepared as can be. On Tuesday we taught a normal first lesson and answered his questions and listened to him tell us that every other church was false as we nodded our heads and said yep you got it. So when we went back on Saturday he had read our pamphlet and answered all the questions in the back and then studied the definitions in the glossary. Haha mmhmm, yeah sure. He explained to us the difference between the Aaronic Priesthood and the Melchizedek (I don't know how to spell that in english) Priesthood. Haha so! We taught him some more about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and asked him to be baptized on August 18th. He then told us about an experience he had 2 weeks earlier. He had been listening to missionaries from another church and one night he had a dream in which he was told to send those missionaries away. Then He started to keep EVERY commandment and then we showed up and it felt right. Yeah! The guy is going to be a stake President I swear! He has taken bible courses and knows the book inside and out. He came to church on Sunday and it was a success. We have another family that accepted baptismal dates for August 26th. Jimmy and Angeline are their names. Angeline's little brother and her mom are down to take a dip too. So things are going good. We're baptizing an old members grand daughter this Saturday that we have been teaching and then on August 4th we have a 17 year old girl named Larissa getting baptized. Last night transfer news was released and Elder Bates is going to Tamatave and I get Elder El-Bakeri who goes home in August in the office with me. So I'm guaranteed at least two more months in the office... I love it! Poor Bates has to miss out on all the baptisms we have coming up. This will be the first time that I stay in the area with all the baptisms and my comp gets transferred. The office is kind of getting old though... but I'm way glad that I get to keep working closely with President, the AP's, and the office couples. I'm so lucky! That's about it for this week. Solid. Until next time my friends!

Love Jeff    

No comments:

Post a Comment