Monday, July 9, 2012


Man sorry about last week. Well I'm not sick anymore thanks to a nice
day of rest on Tuesday. Monday night we got a call from the Gray's and we had to meet some zone leaders at the office at 9:30 p.m. Elder
Vonjy had some throat problems and needed to go to the hospital so we went and chilled with President Adams until about 1 a.m. at the
hospital. Poor vonjy had a knife shoved down his throat to slice open an infected ball of puss and blood. I almost threw up. So I was on hospital duty all Tuesday with him. I sat in his room all day and listened to the lady that was in the room with us gag up loogies and throw up for 12 hours. I've already told you how nasty hospitals are, so spending half a night and a day in it won't be my most cherished memory. Nothing else crazy happened until Saturday. We had a baptism, Jean Louis is his name. 50 year old man haha solid as ever, he paid tithing before he was baptized. The baptism was kind of a mess though because the branch didn't actually do anything they said they would to prepare the baptismal service. So on our way back from the airport Saturday afternoon I was prompted to check if everything was being taken care of. We called the branch President and sure enough nothing was getting done. So we made some calls and got stuff organized and then ran to the church to work on getting the font filled. I went and found some buckets out in the garage and started filling them with the hose outside. We got it done! The baptism was solid except for the fact that the Branch President was an hour late ha. Oh well. One detail I left out was during the trip from the airport to the church. We got pulled over by one of the top notch police officers here in Madagascar. So we gave him our info and while he looked it over we searched for some change that we could bribe him with. All we had were big bills, so Bates says, "Do you have any idea who we are?" The cop looked at us and said, "Who are ya?" "Well my fine sir, we're missionaries!" Says Bates haha and after a few back and forths the cop said, "Pray for me fellas!" and off we went, free of charge. Haha you wouldn't believe what you can get away with here. Yeah... So that was about it. We have some solid families that we teach but no one is coming to church. It's pretty frustrating. I'm still not good at Malagasy. The real ticker is that people don't hesitate to ask why I'm not fluent yet and then they say, "Well learn!" Oohhhh.... ha silly me! What have I been thinking this entire time?! Duh I guess I should get on that and start studying and stuff. This is one of the most difficult/frustrating things I have ever attempted to do. Soooo If you could pray for me to receive the gift of tongues that would be cool. I might break someone’s nose the next time they tell me to learn. Well my friends that’s it for me! Have a good one, I love you all.

Love Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment